Monday, December 1, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

I feel a little funny blogging about Christmas before blogging about Thanksgiving, but I have yet to receive my Thanksgiving pictures, so I think I'm justified! It took us a good two days to set up for Christmas this year. We started on Sunday afternoon by decorating the inside of our house and setting up the tree. For FHE on Monday night, we had some friends over and finished decorating the tree and the outside of our house. I am so excited for Christmas, and having all of our decorations up makes the holiday seem even closer. It was so much fun having Connor in the middle of everything. Last year he was only 5 weeks old when we celebrated Christmas, and I am so happy that he will be able to interact a little more with the holiday this year.
Although I did not want to have a huge blow-up snowman in our front yard, I let Eric have his little indulgence. I guess it doesn't look that bad...right!?
Hot chocolate was a must after all of that decorating!










Jess decorating the tree!


Funny faces!


Setting up the nativity scene.

Setting up the garland.



Connor loved crawling all over the storage boxes.



3 comments:

Angie Larkin said...

What a fun day. You look like such a good mommy and wife. I bet your house is as cozy as can be. I love decorations too. I'll have to post when all of our are up! Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

Holy smokes, Whitney!! Your kid is so cute!! ( : That pic of Connor and Eric setting up the nativity is adorable!

Allison said...

Cute!! You home looks so festive. We may be scrooges and not set up many Christmas decorations this year since we are getting tired of moving in and decorating. I'll just come look at your pictures. :)