Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Christmas Party

On Friday we had our "2nd Annual Larkin Christmas Party." We crammed about 20 people into our apartment and had a ham dinner, went on a hayride while caroling, and had hot chocolate afterwards. The hayride is always the best part. Eric decorates our trailer with lights and garland, then puts hay bails in the middle for everyone to sit on. We then went around and caroled to members of our ward and other people who were willing to listen to us. It was such a blast. The kids absolutely loved it and it was a fun way to celebrate the season with schoolmates, family, and friends!
Brandon and Kelsey with Kelsey's amazing fruit tree!

Kelsey, Jessica, and me

Riley and Jess


Brandon and Kelsey with Connor


Getting ready for the hayride!


The whole gang


Connor had a playdate with our next door neighbor Ally last week. They were so cute together and played really well.





This is how my table looked all last week before our Christmas party. My friend had a baby shower on Saturday, and I was determined to make her little boy a blanket. I didn't have much time, but I was able to pull it off!

I loved this fabric! I especially love the warm and soft "nubby" on the back.

Perfect for a baby boy!

6 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

Sorry we missed it. On the flip side we did score $150 of free money at the Christmas party we had to attend. Let Eric know he needs to clear dates with us first for these things rather than last. We miss you guys, it looks like you had a ton of fun.

Angie Larkin said...

Girl! You know how to get your Christmas on! I am a Christmas nut myself and love to pack people into my rediculous 800 sq ft. during the holidays. We are having a Christmas decoration contest in my neighborhood and the judging is tonight. I keep having dreams that I forgot to turn my lights on! Merry Christmas you guys!

california smiths said...

Looks like fun. We will see you on Christmas Even it sounds like!

Josh said...

That is the most amazing blanket. My husband Josh is trying to steal it for himself.

Julie said...

That fruit tree was sweet!! And good job with the baby blanket ( :

Oh yeah, and I love getting book recomendations! Anytime you read a good book... I mean ANYTIME, I am SO game for a recommendation--any kind of recommendation. I'll read books from any genre! I actually haven't read Gone With the Wind before, so I'm definitely going to have to read it!

The Facers said...

How fun! We are actually living on Cheyenne and decatur. It is a new huge complex and they are still building. You should email me and I will give you more details because they are giving some good deals on some standing inventory. Anyways, let me know.
thebest_facers@hotmail