Sunday, March 15, 2009

Parks and Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

This week I was finally able to take Connor to an outside park. It was still plenty cold, but we braved it! Connor was so happy to get outside and play somewhere other than the dinosaur park at the University Mall. He loved running all over the grass and trying to climb backwards up the slide. As I mentioned before, we go to the University Mall indoor dinosaur park quite a bit because it has been so cold for the past few months. Connor loves going there, and he especially loves the big black ball that rolls around in water (kind of like a miniature version of the one at Disneyland...see the pictures below!). Last week when I took him there, one minute he was simply touching the ball, the next minute he was swimming in the water! He had crawled into the fountain on his hands and knees and was soaking wet from head to toe. As soon as I pulled him out he wanted to play some more, so I had to drag a wet, screaming child from the mall to our car. That's our Connor for you!
I also learned how to make homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch this weekend. It was so much fun. My friend Jessica made them for FHE last week, and after I tried them I just had to learn how to make them for myself. I have never really used yeast before, so I was pretty nervous. Once I got the hang of it though, it was no big deal. They came out of the oven perfectly golden and gooey. We also made some amazing cream cheese icing that melted right into the hot rolls. They were so good and I felt like such a little homemaker! Thanks Jess! I also cut my hair super short this weekend and I love it...thanks to Kelsey. :)




















































2 comments:

Unknown said...

whit! so i started clickety clicking around and found your blog!! your baby is such a handsome little guy. i'm usually really good about blogging like every other day but haven't for the last month due to crazy work stuff. don't worry though, we'll be blogging bffs once i get back in the swing of things! hope you're wonderful! by the looks of it, you are!

california smiths said...

Those cinnamon rolls look tastey! I should try it sometime. If my dough doesn't come from a bread maker, I never even attempt, but maybe there is a cinnimon roll dough receipe in there... :) Looks like fun in Provo, glad it is warming up for you a bit!