Sunday, February 22, 2009

Scouting

This week while staying with my parents in Las Vegas, both my father and my brother received fantastic scouting awards. First, my dad received the "silver beaver" scouting award. This award is a huge deal in the scouting world. The silver beaver is the highest award an adult can receive for service in scouting. A few of his close friends nominated him and this past Wednesday night he, along with 20 others, received this silver beaver award at a huge awards show downtown. We were all so proud of him! Also, my little brother Logan received his "arrow of light" award this week. This award is special because it is the only badge you can take with you from cub scouts to boy scouts. Go Dad and Logan! 

Grant Andreasen and Logan 
Logan giving Mom her pin for her mother's necklace

2 comments:

Jayci said...

Scouting sure is a wonderful thing! I'm so glad church boys get to do it. ... Up here the only non church boys that do it are all nerds. So the cool kids are all the LDS ones (is that rude?!) haha But it really helps all the nerdy kids become cool! And the cool LDSers to become even COOLER!

california smiths said...

That is so neat, my grandpa was a huge scouter and very involved and you don't see to many people like that anymore. Good for your dad and brother!