Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas in the City

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We went down to Las Vegas where we were able to spend time with all of our family. We first went to the Larkin Christmas party the Saturday before Christmas. On Christmas Eve we first spent time with the Smith side of the family. We had a big dinner then listened to Papa Smith read the Christmas story from the Bible. We then hurried over to the Hutchison's where we played "white elephant," listened to my dad give a great talk on a different twist on Christmas, and then we went on a hayride and caroled to many of the Summerlin Ward members. Christmas day I woke up early and hurried over to my parent's house so I could talk to my missionary brother in Africa. It was so cool to talk to him and hear his voice. My whole family was gathered around our table and we put the phone on speaker so we could all hear him. He is doing excellent. He gave all of us little gifts from Africa- he gave me a little hand-carved mask and giraffe. I then hurried back to the Larkin's where we opened gifts and had a big breakfast. The rest of the day we visited family and played with our toys! It was such a wonderful Christmas and we were truly blessed to be around all of our family and to receive such great gifts. Me without make-up and my hubby

Eric, Connor, and Jane opening gifts

Eric helping our little man open his gifts

Eric's dad, Bryce, and Jenny

Eric's dad with his awesome new gun
The boys
Opening gifts
Eric got "rock band world tour" to go with his Wii-woo hoo!

Christmas Eve at Papa and Shauna Smith's house
Uncle Brandon, Eric's dad, Jane, and Eric's Mom

Grandpa Larkin and Connor
Dad gave an awesome little Christmas talk Christmas Eve
Hanging out during the white elephant game

Eric being goofy with Connor
The hayride!
Caroling on the hayride...it was freezing!
Sophie
Connor having a blast
Eric exhausted after putting together all of Connor's toys

3 comments:

california smiths said...

Sounds like such a fun and busy Christmas! It was fun to see you, and Connor looked so cute in his Christmas Eve outfit! We'll be in Utah next week, I may run down to Provo with the kids to visit family, so I will call you!

Kinzie Sue said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Your little Connor is such a CUTIE! Now that we have internet, I'll be able to be better at keeping in touch!

Jayci said...

Fun Christmas! It looks lik a great time. Shauna Smith - I haven't seen her in a long time, but I've been thinking about them lately. :) I knew her from the Meadow's Ward from when I was young. She is wonderful. Conner sure looks cute! He is looking so old! You and Eric look great!