Friday, January 23, 2009

24 Hour Fitness

Yesterday I took the plunge and joined 24 hour fitness. I know it might be cliche to join a gym at the start of the year, but I am determined to get more in shape and feel better about myself. I went this morning and I feel so great! I was nervous to take Connor into the little "kids zone" because I was unsure of how he would react, but he absolutely loved it. Living in Provo, there are lots of little kids running around and I think about half of them were in this little kids zone this morning! Connor loved playing with them and hardly missed me. Thank goodness. I was able to work out for a good hour doing cardio on the eliptical, lifting weights, and doing some tummy exercises. So it's a win-win situation-Connor gets to play and interact with other kids and I get to relieve some stress and not worry about my son for an hour. I think this is a new year's resolution I can stick with!

4 comments:

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

I just joined there too!! Maybe we'll bump into each other sometimes... or better yet - go to some classes together. I'm dying to try the spin class!

california smiths said...

I did 24 hour fitness in Provo and loved it. What a great break for moms. Plus lots of fun for Connor!

Allison said...

Good for you!! Make sure to try some of the classes. I'm not a member, but I've gone with my sis-in-law a few times and LOVED IT.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.