Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Making History

Today, my dad made history. He has decided to legally represent the state of Nevada in a lawsuit against the Federal Government's healthcare bill. Nevada is the 15th state that has decided to join in suing the Federal Government over the unconstitutional healthcare bill that was recently signed. Nevada's attorney general decided not to take legal action against the government, and when my dad found out about this, he called up Governor Gibbons and offered to serve as the Special Legal Council in this case. Today a press conference was held and an executive order was signed by the Governor naming my dad, Mark Hutchison, as the Special Legal Council in the effort to sue the Federal Government. He was interviewed today by many local Nevada news stations and even Greta Van Susteren with Fox News flew in to interview him. He will be interviewed by Sean Hannity later this week.
I am so proud of my dad for taking a stand and getting involved in something he is truly passionate about. He has always said that you can either complain about something or do something about it, and he is definitely not idly standing by hoping that someone will stand up for the rights of the American people. I know he is the perfect man for the job because he has the drive to do it and the experience to back it up. I hope other states continue to join in on this legal battle against the Federal Government and defend our state's rights. Thank you Dad for taking a stand and representing Nevada!

12 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

We will pulling for your Dad Whitney. I have been following this pretty closely and heard that Nevada had joined the lawsuit. More than anything I hope they can find a way to make things right, constitutionally. We will be pulling for your dad's success on behalf of all of us.

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

That is SO cool!!! Go Bro. Hutchison! The superficial, Us Weekly reading, celebrity obsessed, immature 20 year old in me thinks it's pretty rad he got to meet Greta :), but more than anything I just thinks it's cool he's doing something about it. When will some of these interviews air?

Allison said...

What a great example he is to your family and to all of us in taking a stand for some thing he feels so strongly about. I see a lot of your dad in you, Whitney :)

Choosy mom said...

That makes me happy. You have a great dad.

california smiths said...

How neat!! You have reason to be very proud of him!

S.A.R. said...

That is so exciting! Woo hoo! Way to stand up for the people! We'll be keeping an eye out for him on the news. :)

Elizabeth Jex said...

Hi! You don't know me, I am Sarah Eaton Reynold's sister and my husband and I have been residents of Las Vegas for the past 8 years. Just wanted to say we are so excited that Nevada is taking a stand against this oppressive legislation! Congrats to your Dad for taking on this case. We'll be watching closely...pitchforks in hand!

Jacque said...

Way to go dad Hutchison! :)
Whitney, your dad will be wonderful at this! He's in our prayers!!!

Jim Eaton said...

I am Sarah Eaton's father. I live in Irvine CA. Last night, I saw the NV Gov interviewed on Fox. He mentioned that the state could circumvent the NV AG with the assistance of a private attorney working at no charge. I received a text from Sarah this morning indicating your father is the attorney in question. Express my support and admiration for your father's actions on behalf of NV and all the other states. I will watch for his interview later this week Greta or Hannity. Please keep us updated on your blog. Thanks.

Meredith Hayes said...

I am Sarah Eaton's sister and I was in the Red Rock stake from 2007 to 2008 (now I live in Orange County). I am just so proud of your dad! This has so many of us SO EXCITED! Please keep us updated, and give your dad a major high 5 from my husband and I!

Meredith Hayes said...

Ha! I just read the comments above and noticed I am the 3rd Eaton to comment on this blog. Can you tell we are a family of unabashed conservatives? :)

Brakell and Will Hinsdale said...

We're so proud and excited for your dad! He's the best guy out there to do it! He's a great example for doing whats right! We support him in all that he does!